- Engine control module (ECM) incorporates self-diagnosis function.
- Malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) will illuminate if certain faults are recorded.
- ECM operates in backup mode if sensors fail, to enable vehicle to be driven to workshop.
- Trouble codes can be displayed by using a Scan Tool connected to the data link connector (DLC) .
- After the faults have been rectified, trouble codes can be erased by using a Scan Tool connected to the data link connector (DLC) or as follows:
- Ensure ignition switched OFF.
- Remove ETCS and EFI fuses (10A and 20A) from underhood fusebox  Wait 60 seconds minimum.
- Reinstall fuse.
- Repeat checking procedure to ensure no data remains in ECM fault memory.
NOTE: Disconnecting battery ground lead will also erase trouble codes but may also erase memory from electronic units such as radio.
Trouble code identification
Refer to OBD-11 trouble code tables
Cruise control input processor – malfunction